Delkin Devices, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of specialty memory upgrades for digital cameras, laser printers, laptops, PDA's and more. Delkin is currently looking for creative people to join our fast-paced, challenging, yet enjoyable work atmosphere.
All positions at Delkin Device include a benefits package of the following:
- Health care coverage (medical & dental) for employee and immediate family. Delkin pays 50% of the cost for medical and 25% of the cost for dental.
- 401k plan.
- 2 weeks PTO (Paid Time Off) per year and paid holidays.
- Tuition assistance.
- Employee purchase program.
- Healthy & fun work environment.
Delkin Devices, Inc. has been manufacturing memory upgrades and memory related products since 1986 in San Diego, CA. Delkin's main focus is making memory technology products for OEM's on a private label, contract basis. Delkin first entered the flash memory market in 1994, and has focused on digital imaging and audio products with our eFilm™ line of upgrades since 1996. Delkin is a member of the JEDEC, PCMCIA and CompactFlash™ Associations.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Will be responsible for directing and coordinating manufacturing engineering, quality control activities as well as establishing quality assurance processes, methods, tools and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility to establish, maintain and improve Delkin Devices' Quality Management System
- Overall responsibility to establish and oversee Manufacturing systems, processes and process controls to achieve expected quality levels.
- Assists in the design and definition of new products in conjunction with R&D, Product Management and Marketing to include manufacturability requirements
- Leads manufacturing cost reduction efforts for the plant.
- Drives the investigation of solutions to technical problems experienced in manufacturing.
- Drives process and product design improvements in alignment with continuous improvement plans.
- Oversees the preventative maintenance program to ensure consistent and reliable operation of process equipment.
- Actively follows-up and measures progress of continuous improvement efforts, ensuring process owner awareness and action.
- Assigns responsibilities and accountabilities to direct reports. Provides employee recognition, training and feedback. Adheres to company policies, procedures and applicable budget requirements. Conducts timely employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for managing the Change Control system.
- Responsible for internal and external Audit Programs.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Corrective and Preventive Action system.
- Coordinate with customers, suppliers, and other departments to help drive improvements.
- Analyze product data to search for improvements.
- Ensures quality excellence and continuous improvement across the entire organization.
- Establishes quality metrics and reporting methods, gathers appropriate data, and clearly communicates quality expectations and results throughout the organization.
- Oversee and improve measurement and reporting to upper management the areas critical to the effectiveness of the overall quality management system.
- Implements and trains SPC/SQC/6 Sigma methodologies and establishes necessary tools to ensure comprehensive root cause analysis and continuous improvements.
- Promote and implement lean manufacturing principles.
- Works with sales to analyze, monitor and interpret customer specifications, issues, returns and complaints to identify corrective actions; interacts with customers to solve quality problems.
- Manages the customer service department overseeing RMA's, warranty returns, and credits.
- Interfaces with Purchasing and Engineering in the qualification of new suppliers and the evaluation of current suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent leadership, communication and management skills.
- Competency in decision-making, flexibility, planning and organizing, self-initiative and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in identification of continuous improvement activities required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- 10 + years of engineering work experience
- 5 + years of supervisory experience
- Experience in Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
- Lean Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
- Professional license(s): ASQC, CQE, CQM
- 5+ years in Quality/Manufacturing Leadership
- High speed manufacturing a plus
- Strong understanding of ISO-9000 Standards
Delkin Devices, Inc. has been manufacturing memory upgrades and memory related products since 1986 in San Diego, CA. Delkin's main focus is making memory technology products for OEM's on a private label, contract basis. Delkin first entered the flash memory market in 1994, and has focused on digital imaging and audio products with our eFilm™ line of upgrades since 1996. Delkin is a member of the JEDEC, PCMCIA and CompactFlash™ Associations. To learn more about open positions and our company please visit our website at www.delkin.com Delkin is an equal opportunity employer.